I bought a car in 2012, then two months later, my job was outsourced to India. I called Americredit to see if they would work with me...NOT

They said either I make the payments or turn the car in. Well two months later they repossessed it. Then two months after it was repossessed, I got a bill for $10,000. I called them and told them I was unemployed and there was no way I could pay them. I was told that they would accept 3 payments of $3,300. I told them I didn't have it and there was no way I could get that kind of money.

Three years later in 2015, I was taken to court. They froze my bank account...I was still unemployed, but had some money in there for bills that my family had given me.

They won the judgement, and the lawyer and I worked out a very small payment that I could make. I have been making that payment every single month.

This was last Aug 2015.

Wednesday, Sept 28, 2016, I got a letter from a collection agency that said Americredit was suing me for the same amount I was paying from the judgement I received last year.

I tried to call the law firm that handled my judgement, but I guess they went out of business...and I have no way of knowing what they did with the money that was collected. Good thing, that the bank has a record of each and every payment made to Americredit.

I called the collection agency and was informed that only one payment was received (which is a lie, I pay directly from my bank)

and that I am accruing $1.89 a day in interest. Now my loan is

bigger than it was last year...She quoted $12,500 or something like that.

She said I could settle...what a laugh. Although I am working..it is a temp job and will end next week, I don't have any more money than I did before, and I told her that I could only pay the amount agreed on by the previous law firm.

She then said that it would take me 40 years to pay if they accepted the money for principle.

I am very disgusted with Americredit and their practices. I would be the first to jump into a law suit if there is one to be had.

I am not a young person, and I will never have the kind of money they are looking for.

Thank for letting me vent. I am very very ticked off at this point and I only hope that something can be done about this deceitful company.

D Fox

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of did not try to work with us and deceitful business practices. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss americredit auto loan and associated monetary loss in the amount of $11997. AmeriCredit needs to "let the money that i am paying, be for the principle. i don't think you should charge me interest on this judgement!!!!!" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned americredit auto loan in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at AmeriCredit.

Comments

Out of work for THREE YEARS??? You are out of work because you want to be out of work!

Orlando, Florida, United States #1253225

If you want to be upset, be upset with yourself. It was YOU who defaulted, not them.

They are under zero obligation to "help" you. They aren't a charity or your mother. You say you are an adult.

If so, it's up to YOU to help yourself and work out a solution. Where do deadbeats get this idea the lender should roll over and play doormat and allow the deadbeat to decide when or if they want to make a payment?

Perrysburg, Ohio, United States #1220997

That sucks. Best of luck to you.